Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From Bad to Worse

I haven't really had a bad day in a while. Even when my phone got stolen right before winter break I surprisingly kept it together and got through my finals, moving dorms, and getting ready to travel without a phone and managed to not break down. But yesterday was a bad day. Starting off with getting up at 6:30 to finish a paper, take a math final and pack my last things before 1:15 I finally headed to the Eugene airport no longer worried that my essay was not my best and my math final was as usual, difficult than I expected. I have been looking forward to going home since day 1 of winter term, especially since all 4 Doris kids would be home together. That does not happen very often so I was looking forward to all flying in at the same time and going home together. Well lets just say that did not happen. Both my brother and sister made it home safely and on time, I did not have that privilege.
It started off with my flight being delayed 4 hours which meant that I would miss my connecting flight from Portland to sac. The earliest flight they could rebook me on was 8:55 and I'd get into Sacramento at 10:20. Originally I was really upset about this but looking back 10:20 last night sounds pretty good. After hours of waiting I finally made it to Portland. I figured since I had some time to spare I'd sit down and eat. Right as I got my burger the announcement came on and informed me that my Portland to Sacramento flight was canceled.. So I went to a service desk and of course they couldn't fly me out until Wednesday morning. So I had to stay in a hotel, and come back in the morning for a 6:20 flight to San Jose and then I'll fly into Sacramento around 10:20.
My night slowly went from bad to worse. Not only was I unable to get home. My parents are out of the country. Not being able to call them was so frustrating. It's safe to say that once I got to the hotel I lost it. All I have wanted to do for the past 10 weeks has been to go home and be with my brothers and sister but I couldn't. I finally accepted that there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well just deal with it but it was not a fun day yesterday. But the good news is I am at least in California and should be boarding soon. Now more than ever I cannot wait to get back home. This blog really has no "lesson/meaning" I just needed to vent about my day because it was pretty awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment