Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's About Respect

Every time I try to write a new post. I can't figure out what I should start off saying, I get discouraged and I stop. Well I've decided that I need to stop getting discouraged and giving up so easily. I feel like I have been giving up too easily on many things in my life. This year has been a challenge. I have had to come to terms that I am not happy in Eugene and while I am not happy I do need to finish off the year. I have had to learn what makes me happy no matter my location and learn that I can't control all the outcomes in my life but I can control my perspective on those events. This is easier said than done but I am trying because being negative gets a person nowhere.
I want to write also about respect. Respect for yourself and respect for others. It is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. I can't stress enough how important respect is in relationships. It is something you need to learn on your own. Try to learn it sooner than later though..
Respect yourself more than anything. Respect your body, your mind, your friends and your family. Respect yourself enough when it comes to boys especially.
Know that you should never have to settle. Boys should not be able to choose when they want to talk to you or be nice to you. You should respect yourself enough to get out of that relationship as soon as possible because that's unhealthy. Don't make excuses for boys.. Set yourself to a higher standard and demand the best. Respect that you deserve better. Respect yourself enough to not go to boys to fill a gap in your life.
Appreciate yourself and don't let anyone make you feel less than wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment